Cracked palm rest I don't have applecare. Advice needed!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jay1097, Apr 21, 2009.

1. jay1097 macrumors member

Hey everyone
    So I have a bit of a problem. The palm rest on my white macbook (Santa Rosa) has cracked, and my applecare has expired. So i don't know what to do, I've read that sometimes they cover this problem free of charge even after applecare has expired. So I'm looking for some advice

Attached Files:

2. Dakko macrumors newbie

Similar problem.

My daughter's white Macbook developed a similar crack well past expiration of the warranty. I brought the Macbook to an Apple Store and did not have to say a word. The genius said that it is a known problem and they replaced the top case within one hour. I hope that you will have a similar experience. Good luck!

3. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Yeah, as it's a known defect they should repair it for free.

4. dacko macrumors newbie

Yes this is a known issue. Apple will repair it for free. I had the same problem with my Macbook (late 2006) and they replaced the entire top case for free. Just picked it up from the Apple store today. I do not have Apple Care.

5. jay1097 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the help, I'm bringing my macbook in Thursday ill update this thread when its resolved

6. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

Good luck.

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

My girlfriends macbook cracked same place, they happily replaced it, only took an hour, it was great, she was so happy :)