Cracked Screen help!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bboysnick, Apr 1, 2009.

1. bboysnick macrumors newbie

I think I got the rare problem here. Longing for help.

The problem itself was usual. I cracked my iphone 3g screen by falling it down. And the liquid just run out and the screen looks like a sort of grey painting.

But the real problem is here. I'm in China and I'm a jailbreak user. So my iphone was bought by somebody in America. I didn't activate it. And Chinese retail store don't support iphone. And I don't have a receipt either.

My question:
    1. is that possible for me just send it back to Apple US and get a new screen by my inactivated iphone 3G series number?
    2. If I buy the Applecare, will I get over the series number and receipt and activation all that issues so that I can make it repaired by Apple officially?
    3. Do you guys have any other suggestions?

Appreciate, thanks.

2. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

applecare AND general manufacturer warranty will never cover dropping your phone.. Even if it WAS a legit phone, you would have to pay to get it replaced.

buy a new phone or figure out how much it will cost to replace.. either way, you will not be getting a replacement, and its not because you are in China and have a jailbroken phone