Cracked screen on Ipad mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mrcharisma, Oct 28, 2015.

1. mrcharisma macrumors newbie

mrcharisma

Hello everyone, I have a situation I am looking into for a friend. My friend has a son with cerebral palsy and is confined to a wheelchair. Because he is non verbal, he relies on his ipad to communicate with his mother on a daily bases. The Ipad Mini is only two years old. The Ipad is mounted on his wheelchair so he can use it. He has no use of his arms so he does rely on someone to turn it on and of for him. The screen has a crack on it now, because it had been knocked off it's mount and to the ground. I would like to see if there is anything I can do for him. Is there an email address where I can contact some office and see what they can do for him. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

2. 960design macrumors 68000

Happy Wednesday!
    I'm not sure what you are expecting here. What result are you expecting from an email? If you are looking for a repair shop; you should look one up in the yellow pages near your location. Depending on the iPad Mini version the repair cost could be as little as $65 or as high as $250 ( yep, $250 ).

3. whodatrr macrumors 6502a

whodatrr

Screen repairs are expensive, especially in light of the fact that iPad Minis sell pretty cheap. Last Black friday, I scored a few iPad Mini 2's in one of those best Buy Airport kiosks for $219. A few months later, one of my kids cracked a screen. L repairs are in the $175 ballpark.. ouch!

Advise them to wait till' Black Friday. If they were $219 last year, they'll probably be cheaper now. heck, you might see an iPad Mini 4 go for under $300. And that's a big upgrade from the 2.

4. mrcharisma thread starter macrumors newbie

mrcharisma

5. Marshall73 macrumors 6502a

Marshall73

The local repair shop here replaces the glass and digitiser for £60, shop around as local repair shops should be able to do it pretty cheap as long as the LCD isn't broken.