Cracked screen on Ipad2....when to replace?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bcrawfo2, Dec 26, 2011.

1. bcrawfo2 macrumors member

So...my wife's ipad screen is cracked (from a drop). We went and talked to the Genius Bar hoping that they would do a courtesy replacement, but they only offered a half price replacement (roughly) up until the 1 year mark. It still works, so she's living with it for now.
    My question is....her warranty is up in mid-May...assuming we went in after the Ipad 3 was released (a big assumption that this will happen before May...lets not argue about that)...will they have a back stock of Ipad 2's...or will the repair offer stand and I'll get an Ipad 3?

Thanks for any input. Hoping to find others that have had a similar problem with different products as they moved thru the update process.

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Very doubtful you will receive the iPad 3 screen. I would replace it now…and stop dropping it.

3. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

They will have enough ipad2s for replacement up to a year after the ipad3 comes out.

A friend of mine in the states had an ipad1 with a cracked screen and they replaced it with another ipad1 even though the ipad2 had been out for 6months.

4. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

They don't just replace old models with new ones. They keep a good stock of refurb old products in store. Unless you're bringing in an iPod from 2004 or something, odds are your replacement will be of the same spec as your original item.