Cracked Screen

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mrcourt123, May 31, 2017.

1. mrcourt123 macrumors member

A couple months ago I noticed a small horizontal crack at the top of my screen, right along the curve in the glass. It has expanded to basically the full width of the screen. Fortunately, it doesn't affect my view of anything displayed on my screen, so as far as cracks go, I got lucky. I've looked around for places that might replace the glass (it's an aluminum watch, so Ion-X glass), but I'm not having any luck finding anything worth the price. Does anyone have any experience with getting the glass replaced, or any suggestions on the least expensive place to go?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I don't know which model Apple Watch you have. But this may not be the answer you're necessarily seeking, but I would allow Apple to make the repair. It wouldn't be worth in my opinion to have a third-party repair shop to make the repair. I know others have made repairs with third-party repair services and some of the results were not good or had issues later on.

ESpecially, if you plan on retaining the Apple Watch for a while, I would ask yourself, why risk it?

3. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

You can't just replace the glass since the OLED display is laminated to the crystal (glass or sapphire). So you must replace both (as one piece) and sealed.