Cracked software

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by terry007, May 20, 2013.

1. terry007 macrumors member

i m curenly looking to purchase a used 2011/2012 Imac or a MacBook Pro with AppleCare .The ones I'm interested in purchasing all have the kinda of software I'm looking for , music software , but some of these are cracked ( Logic Pro reason etc )

Sellers keep telling me that it will not interfere with the AppleCare is this true ?

I would much rather buy a computer with legit software ,but its seams hard to find here in Los Anegels and its also very expensive
    Comments ?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Since most Applications are now linked to your account, you really shouldn't be too concerned about things...Just wipe the Mac and buy legitimate software.

I'd be careful buying a used Mac from anybody who thinks that the software is a selling point though.

3. Henri Gaudier macrumors 6502a

Henri Gaudier

Buy the one with the best spec, longest warranty and the best software and then start making music. If you get anywhere with your music commercially you'll pay taxes which will go into the public kitty for the greater good, and if not, you'll soothe your soul with the music. Win win. :) Just promise me it'll be good music!;)

4. terry007 thread starter macrumors member

5. enigma2118 macrumors regular

Absolutely. Good advice.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

if the price is low it can easily be stolen. be careful