Cracked Top Case- Unibody Macbooks

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pdubak, Jun 18, 2010.

1. pdubak macrumors member

Anyone had/have this with the unibody Macbook (Late 09, Mid 10)? If so what was the result?

No it wasn't dropped... this unit is three weeks old suspect over tightening at the factory but this is not Apple quality!

Attached Files:

2. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

You obviously haven't heard the term 'CrackBook'.

3. pdubak thread starter macrumors member

Wanna bet? And there's more...

They're all cracked but their the old style not the newer unibody which is what i'm curious about.

Attached Files:

4. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I've heard the new white UB MB's crack,around the hinges and the edges,but I haven't had any cracking issues and have had my MB for 6 months.

5. appleboyy macrumors 6502

had this with mine, i had 2 cracks from the hinges, the apple store wouldnt touch it. i rang apple customer services and asked for a manager, and asked fro them to issue me with a CS code, take that to the store, and they'll sort it :)

6. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

My first Intel Mac was a 2GHz MB from 2006 and I was lucky to have AppleCare as body parts got replaced a few times, including every single piece of the case apart from the top.

I was desperate for either a MacBook Air or any new aluminium MacBook. I ordered one on the same day when the first unibodies came out, despite the lack of Firewire.

I liked my plastic MacBook, but it's just a fact of life that that sort of plastic is fragile and it breaks easily EVEN if there is no manufacturing fault or design mistake.

My only suggestion to the owners would be to get the cracked parts replaced and then get an aluminium one, unless the glossy screen is a problem.