cracked white iphone 4 front glass, good replacement?

gnychis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 24, 2009
Hi all,

I have a cracked white iphone 4 front glass. My guess is that the screen is just fine, but the glass and digitizer need replaced. Where is a good place to get a replacement? I'm only fearful because of all of the holdup and delay with "good" white parts for camera purposes. So, I'm afraid that any random thing off of eBay may not be as good as the OEM part. Where do people get their replacement?

Stok3

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2011
A friend of mine found some dude on Craigslist who replaced his screen for $30... and yes its the same parts that Apple uses. it only took 10 minutes and it was way better than paying Apple $100+ for a $15 fix

Comment

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
Check craigslist or something for a reputable phone repair shop. I found one by me that specialized in iPhone repair and accessories. They replaced the screen on my 3G when I dropped it. $79 and it was perfect.

Comment

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
A friend of mine found some dude on Craigslist who replaced his screen for $30... and yes its the same parts that Apple uses. it only took 10 minutes and it was way better than paying Apple $100+ for a $15 fix
I highly doubt he got an OEM Apple iphone screen installed for $30.
Probably some cheap chinese knockoff.

Comment

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
I highly doubt he got an OEM Apple iphone screen installed for $30.
Probably some cheap chinese knockoff.
That, and it was probably just the LCD which would entail an iPhone 3G or 3Gs. That's about how much the Chinese replacements run for.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.