Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone XS Max Cracked XS Max Back Glass

Elastic Love

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
What the hell!! Today when I took my Otterbox case off to clean it I discovered that my the back screen is SHATTERED! I drop my phone probably more than I should but I haven't had any cracked screens with a case since the 4S! I've always used the Otterbox Commuter series and I've never had any issues.

The phone charges wirelessly and functions normally which is why I was so shocked this went so long without me noticing. With AppleCare+, how much am I going to spend to replace this?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona
What the hell!! Today when I took my Otterbox case off to clean it I discovered that my the back screen is SHATTERED! I drop my phone probably more than I should but I haven't had any cracked screens with a case since the 4S! I've always used the Otterbox Commuter series and I've never had any issues.

The phone charges wirelessly and functions normally which is why I was so shocked this went so long without me noticing. With AppleCare+, how much am I going to spend to replace this?
Deductible is $99. The phone will be replaced as they can’t fix the back..
https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service#otherfees

Comment

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
IMO the commuter series seems like it would contribute to this.

That hard plastic is no Bueno for regular drops.

Next time get defender.

Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Even with cases, OtterBox can’t guarantee a ‘survival rate’ for the iPhone when it’s dropped on a hard surface. Drops are always based on angle/impact/surface type, and unfortunately, some cases don’t guarantee the survival of dropped phones.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.