Cracking noise from the palm rest...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TXOID, Jun 10, 2010.

1. TXOID macrumors newbie

Hi, I just bought the new MBP "13 (2010) and I'm having the problem with the palm rest. Whenever I left the MBP lying around for a while, and come back and use my finger to press down on the right palm rest, I hear cracking sound the palm rest. I tried bring this to the Genius Bar, but this problem doesn't happen everytime I press the palm rest, so the Genius said they couldn't help me...:mad:

Anyone having the same problem as I do? I think the aluminum case is bending, are they suppose to? I thought they were tough unibody aluminum and I swear I didn't press down that hard :(

Anyway thx for ur time ;)

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

There's a lot of posts on here about the clicking/cracking sounds from the MBP's. Every once in awhile I'll hear a click or cracking noise from my unit. I'm guessing it isn't too much to worry about since it only happens when the MBP has been used for long periods of time or you're doing really intensive work that's taxing the processors. I'd keep my eyes on the forum here and see if anyone else has any updates on this issue.

3. johnalan macrumors regular

Something like this has been discussed before on here, I believe it was some loose sping or screw, does it sound like a metal on metal clank?

4. TXOID thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah actually it did! They opened mine up at the Apple Store and they told me that nothing was loose:( I bought it home and the sound starts again --; I thought that I was hearing things, but then I showed it to my friend and he could hear it too.

I guess the best I can do is just hope that it goes away someday T-T