Cracking passworded files!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zenspeaks, Dec 1, 2007.

1. zenspeaks macrumors member

Is there anyway of cracking open passworded .rar and .zip files? Please let me know if there is a software to do that.
    Thanks in advance! :)

2. 119576 Guest

Please read the forum rules regarding things not to do.

"Warez/Serials/Keys. Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites or software whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help."

3. zenspeaks thread starter macrumors member

4. roger6106 macrumors regular

From my understanding of the rules this topic is allowed. Zenspeaks is not asking about serials, keys, or ways to bypass software licensing. Am I misreading that rule?

5. lorductape macrumors 6502

lorductape

as much as I don't liek the idea of being able to do that, or cracking software for that matter, I'd have to agree that this is allowed by the forum rules

6. 119576 Guest

In that case; feel free to offer your advice to the original poster.

However, my personal view is that if the file is passworded, it was not intended to be opened by anybody to whom the password was not provided.

But I suppose that's just me.

7. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

I agree and would ask the OP for further clarification as to what this file is and how they came to have it.

8. Rendwich macrumors member

Yes, you certainly wouldn't want to help anyone without first doing a full background check. It might turn out that they have an unpaid traffic ticket, a bad credit rating, or lost passwords.

Submitting his tax records, bank account and credit card numbers, a list of known associates and the length and girth of his penis, should get the process off the ground.

Please stand by so that MacRumors can help you further.

There's no decent Mac software for password recovery. It's a glaring hole in the market. There are dozens of programs for Windows, have your buddies run them for you.