cracking white macbook. help?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iGaryMonnecka, Aug 22, 2009.

1. iGaryMonnecka macrumors member

so, it's not really a long story, i have a macbook i got in feb. 2007 i paid 1299 for it, (not like it matters, but it's kinda why im annoyed lol) Well, i was carrying it today, and realized that the plastic by the vent i guess? it's on the bottom of the case near the back edge. so anyway, it is cracking, but not from outside it. it just runs straight across. Will apple help me even though I have no applecare? This seems like a manufacturer's defect to me, but i was hoping macrumors' collective knowledge would have a scenario or someone has been through this before. I'm getting pics ASAP!

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

They may help you out. Cracking has been an issue near the palm rest area, but it's possible it could appear someplace else. The best thing to try is to get in touch with Apple, either by phone or the nearest Apple Store.

3. iGaryMonnecka thread starter macrumors member

alright thank you. does anything change if I mention that on the hinge is now a straight crack too?

4. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

The white macbook cracking in various places is a known issue, and from what people report back around here it usually sounds like apple replaces their cases even when they don't have apple care anymore.

Fabian

5. Mike Aimer macrumors newbie

Mike Aimer

My black MacBook cracked too! Right where I rest my right palm while using the trackpad.

6. creon macrumors 6502

its always worth a try...

cracking in the outer shell has been documented in the macbook and also in the iphone! Just state your case and hope you get a genius that hasnt woken up on the wrong side of the bed.

7. chan2004 macrumors regular

all cracks in MB will be repaired by apple free of cost as long as your mac is under warranty.