Crackling sound while listening to music

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RedburnIV, Dec 7, 2010.

1. RedburnIV macrumors regular

RedburnIV

Hey everyone, along with some battery issues, I've been having trouble with a crackling or popping sound when I use the ipod on my Iphone 4. I have already restored and set up as a new phone, and I would blame the individual audio files, except I can replay the same song without any popping or crackling sounds. Anyone else have this issue?? I'm running 4.2.1.

2. jacollins macrumors 6502a

3. Grimes macrumors regular

I noticed a similar thing on some older earphones recently. I attributed it to to static electricity... It never happened when I was stationary.

Just my 2 cents...

4. AML225 macrumors regular

Aside from faulty hardware (iPhone or head phones) do you have the "Sound Check" option on in iPod settings? Maybe it's just me but in my experience Sound Check degrades overall audio quality.

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

It's probably your earphones. Try a different pair. If it's the same problem, it's probably the jack and you'll need to get it looked at.

7. RedburnIV thread starter macrumors regular

RedburnIV

Yeah, I'm thinking it's the jack or the earplugs, but more the jack since I have two sets of earplugs and I can hear it on both. It's just strange cause it happens randomly. And yeah, I'm sure it's the mind games distorting the audio...

I was just curious to see if anyone else had this problem.

8. RedburnIV thread starter macrumors regular

RedburnIV

You were right man. Static electricity. I was able to reproduce the problem at work. And it's pretty crazy to watch a bunch of staples cling to the earbuds.