Cracks appearing on lid-am I covered?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jsl20, May 16, 2012.

1. jsl20 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I've got a late 2007 MacBook, which is starting to show its age! I've got cracks appearing on the lid case, the most notable of which goes from one of the sharp edges of the apple logo for about 10mm. I've got another one appearing from the edge of the leaf bit of the logo, which is roughly 3mm long. I've also got a crack on the right side of the case near the SuperDrive, and another crack on the top lid case near the hinge.

Through the years I've had 3 replacements of the palm rest area due to the well-known cracking problem (as well as a new logic board and LCD). I'm aware apple will replace the palm rest area under an extended warranty-does anyone know if they cover all plastic on the old MacBooks?

Quick caveat: my MacBook as never been dropped or mistreated. Its moved around quite a bit from home to work etc but always in a case within my padded backpack.

2. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

Hmm, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to take it in and ask if you don't live too far. When I took my 2007 Macbook in to get the palmrest replaced, it also had a crack on the top lid. They only repaired the palmrest, mind you, I never pointed out the top lid.