Crack's in the screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dcjustme, Jan 24, 2011.

1. dcjustme macrumors newbie

I have an April 2010 13' MacBook Pro. Over the weekend two significant cracks appeared on my screen. I didn't drop it, I didn't slam it, I didn't do anything to it. They're right in the center of the screen and very distracting. I was going to take it in to a store, but I've read out here that Apple won't cover it. Has anyone gotten Apple to cover a repair like this or am I just out of luck? I love my laptop, but these cracks are driving me crazy!

2. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

Did someone else?

Pics?

3. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

bring it to apple they'll fix it. no need to worry

4. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Only if he's lucky enough to get a good person at the Apple store. Apple very rarely covers screen damage of any kind.

Cheers,

5. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Good luck, because if you really did nothing to it, the odds are against you that Apple will believe you - very unfortunate.

I was in for a repair when a genius shared his story with me ... he bought his family the original 15" uMBP upon release (the ones with the heavy screens that would fall on their own). One night, he watches his daughter go to move the laptop to the table, screen slams shut. Upon opening, the glass overlay now had a huge crack. It took him, a genius employee for over 4 years, 3 weeks with Apple before they agreed to replace it under warranty.

6. dcjustme thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope....no one else was using it. Unfortunately, I don't have anything with me to take a pic.

Guess it's still worth going in to see if I get lucky. Even if it was shut harder than normal (it wasn't), it shouldn't crack like this. Guess we'll see...