Cracks & more cracks

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by prwood, Jul 24, 2008.

1. prwood macrumors newbie

My wife's 9 month old Macbook has a cracked area on the righthand & lefthand side keyboard section. I have seen plenty of posts about this problem on these forums, so I am sure it will be fixed under the statutory warranty. However there are also 2 cracks in the lid starting at the Apple logo, see photo. I have only seen this problem reported once on these forums & I am sure that Apple will maintain it has been caused by mis-use. My wife insists that she has not subjected her laptop to any condition that might have caused these cracks. Has anyone experienced this problem & if so, what was the outcome.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. ReBeLaCe macrumors newbie

ReBeLaCe

The cracks where your palms are will be covered by your warranty but the cracks on the display housing won't be. Apple considers that part to be cosmetic and it wouldn't be covered without an exception from apple so you would have to call apple and talk to them calmly and explain the situation.

3. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

4. Breegy macrumors 6502

Breegy

That's quite an interesting location for a crack. If it gets worse the screen may become damaged. I have to ask, does the crack glow, too?

The other day I saw the Apple logo in the clouds. One random cloud all by itself. The only thing that was wrong with it was that the leaf was missing, it had a bite out of it and everything. :( I wish my camera wasn't broken.

5. Twenty5 macrumors regular

Nice....

O........k........ :confused:

6. jokun macrumors member

hehe. It'l like listening to Grampa from The Simpsons

7. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Laughter does good like a medicine. I feel good now.

8. apple. macrumors member

eeesh,
    dude that sucks!
    did you call/see apple yet?

9. msmyth macrumors member

i have a crack in the exact same spot, sent you a pm:)

10. prwood thread starter macrumors newbie

I will be taking it to the dealer next week & will post the result. The cracks do not glow!! IMHO it's a very poor piece of design as there is a very weak area between the apple & the stalk & it's where I would expect a crack to develop. However I don't somehow expect Apple to share my view!!

11. prwood thread starter macrumors newbie

Very happy...Apple have agreed to replace cracked case & cracked lid. I'm amazed & very impressed...10 out of 10 Apple.