Craigslist flakes...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Loves2spoon, Jun 17, 2010.

  1. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

    Loves2spoon

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2010
    Location:
    California
    #1
    I love it when you talk to people over email and over the phone and they tell you there coming to meet you and never show up or call back...

    Is it really so hard to call the seller or email and say sorry, no thank you...?

    Just felt like throwing that out there.
     
  2. Consultant macrumors G5

    Consultant

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2007
    #2
    Haven't done CL for awhile but I find maybe <10% of people cancel without noticing in the past.

    Depends on what you are selling. If you are selling cheap stuff people cancel more.
     
  3. ZazenZach macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2009
    #3
    And what's the deal with people that drink coffee without creamer. I mean, coffee is supposed to be sweetened.

    Just felt like throwing that out there.
     
  4. zbasarab macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2009
    #4
    oh crap i lol'd. frigin hilarious.

    posts like OPs make me go wtf too. this isn't a frigin daily life update board or twitter :rolleyes:
     
  5. kellen macrumors 68020

    kellen

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2006
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    #5
    That's why i tell them I don't hold items, money talks.

    It really helps with sales. Just tell them you dont hold things and whoever shows up with the cash gets it. 90% they stop by and pick it up, the other 10% it's no big deal, as I tell everyone that.

    Also talk up your listing. If they wanna deal, tell them you have a lot of calls, but no one has stopped by. Make the demand believable to the buyer.
     

Share This Page