Craigslist iPad trade consultation

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ttruvjr, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Ttruvjr macrumors newbie

So, I ended up buying an iPad 16 GB wifi off craigslist 3 weeks ago for only 350.... Yeah, I know. Well, I already have a 32 GB 3G iPad and just got it because then everyone in my house could have an iPad to use. However recently my roommates told me that it really doesn't hold much interest to them and I could have it back. So I now have 2 ipads :(. However! I was looking for a Dell streak awhile back and left an ad up on accident and finally got a reply and the guy will trade his new streak for my iPad. I am very interested, but want some more "educated" (nerdy) opinions. My gf just thinks I should do whatever the hell I want (I'm a lucky man, I know...) anyway, anyone have a streak? Anyone have any faults with the device to address? Anyone think this is an awesome deal worthy of a high five? Let me know. Thanks. :)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It's "by accident".
    Paragraphs rock.

I would not trade the iPad for a streak. What is it that you really want? Aren't these devices a bit different? I think so.

3. mklnk macrumors regular

I would do it. If you wanted the streak anyway, you're basically getting one for $350, any way you look at it. The fact that you already have a 32 gig iPad which you'll be keeping in the transaction helps too.

I hate threads like this, but the previous response was pretty mean, so I'll give you a break.

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

Too big for the pocket, too small to be useful.

Also note that you're asking this in an iPad forum, where everyone has one and most people love it ;-)

5. Ttruvjr thread starter macrumors newbie

Wellatleastigotthepunctuationthingdownamirite?!?! But seriously, they are very different beasts. I just already have an iPad. I wanna wander into android territory...

6. Ttruvjr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys!

Yeah it is pretty bulky. But so is my iPad and I love it. I still do lust over other devices though...

7. gatearray macrumors 65816

Not sure what to tell you about the streak, but I'm still scratching my head at the fact that you bought another iPad with your own money for your roommates to use, apparently, without even consulting them first!

:)