Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
ok, so i always look on craigslist, because sometimes you can find a smokin' deal on stuff. For instance, i found a sigma 10-20mm lens ($500 new) for $250.

Anyways, people who look on craigslist always see ridiculous prices (way to high, or someone wanting services way to low) on there, I know I am not the only one.
Just for a quick example, someone was looking for a photographer for a 2 hour shoot for $40. They ALSO wanted resumes' AND expected the person to drive a ways to get there. Someone posted (i am assuming a photographer) telling them to basically eff off and that they wouldn't get anyone for less than $100 WITH NO resumes.

My question: Does anyone ever reply to a ridiculous post, either something for sale, or gigs, etc; in another post (not emailing the person), for all to see?

InvalidUserID

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2008
Palo Alto, CA
I only hang out in casual encounters so all I get are shady replies.

:eek:

I kid, I kid.

I got a lot of low-ball offers when I was selling my old car. I'm talking about offers of $10k-15k on a 27k KBB listed car that I put up for $23k.

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
If buying, I will give out a feeler just to see if they are honest and just don't know what they have if they are selling too cheap.

If a seller, I get way too much crap. Mostly low balls and offers of "I have cash now, today!!!" as if I would take Visa or a payment plan.

I do use a made up email when I sell or respond to sellers though.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
what gets me is that people will go out of their way to either text me or call me, ask Q's about what i am selling, and then say they want it, only to never hear from them again. From now on, i am going to put "dont contact me unless you are serious about buying!"..

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I don't reply to shady posts. I have had great luck using Craigslist to sell stuff. I sold an iPod touch yesterday, had cash in hand 2 hours after posting.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.