craigslist.. lol..do you reply to shady posts?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HBOC, Jul 24, 2009.

1. HBOC macrumors 68020

ok, so i always look on craigslist, because sometimes you can find a smokin' deal on stuff. For instance, i found a sigma 10-20mm lens ($500 new) for $250.

Anyways, people who look on craigslist always see ridiculous prices (way to high, or someone wanting services way to low) on there, I know I am not the only one.
    Just for a quick example, someone was looking for a photographer for a 2 hour shoot for $40. They ALSO wanted resumes' AND expected the person to drive a ways to get there. Someone posted (i am assuming a photographer) telling them to basically eff off and that they wouldn't get anyone for less than $100 WITH NO resumes.

My question: Does anyone ever reply to a ridiculous post, either something for sale, or gigs, etc; in another post (not emailing the person), for all to see?

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

No. Its just like me telling you to eff off, not going to accomplish anything.

3. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

I only hang out in casual encounters so all I get are shady replies.

:eek:

I kid, I kid.

I got a lot of low-ball offers when I was selling my old car. I'm talking about offers of $10k-15k on a 27k KBB listed car that I put up for $23k.

4. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

While I don't do it myself I have seen people post to call out a scam and warn others about it.

5. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

If buying, I will give out a feeler just to see if they are honest and just don't know what they have if they are selling too cheap.

If a seller, I get way too much crap. Mostly low balls and offers of "I have cash now, today!!!" as if I would take Visa or a payment plan.

I do use a made up email when I sell or respond to sellers though.

6. HBOC thread starter macrumors 68020

what gets me is that people will go out of their way to either text me or call me, ask Q's about what i am selling, and then say they want it, only to never hear from them again. From now on, i am going to put "dont contact me unless you are serious about buying!"..

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't reply to shady posts. I have had great luck using Craigslist to sell stuff. I sold an iPod touch yesterday, had cash in hand 2 hours after posting.:D