Craigslist MacPro or Wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jazwire, Jan 22, 2010.

  1. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

    Jazwire

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2009
    Location:
    127.0.0.1
    #1
    A guy is locally selling a 17" MacBook Pro. For $2000
    Here is the ad.

    Macbook pro 17" antiglare screen
    2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X2GB
    128GB solid-state drive
    MacBook Pro 17-inch Hi-Resolution Antiglare Widescreen Display
    Backlit Keyboard
    Apple Remote Control
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 512MB


    I had planned on waiting till the new machines come out and getting a 15".
    I went really low and offered him $1500, I figured if i could nab it for that it was a no brainer. He rejected it, but i think he may go a little lower maybe $1750-1800, he seems a little desperate for cash.

    What do you guys think? I just dont want remorse if the new laptops are momumentally better.
     
  2. Big Dave macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2007
    Location:
    Crestview, Fl
    #2
    Wait the week. If new Macbooks come out, there will be plenty of used ones for sale shortly after. Also refurbished.
     
  3. ammusk macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2009
    #3
    I agree
     
  4. Habitus macrumors 6502a

    Habitus

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2009
    Location:
    Where ever my life takes me...
    #4
    Your situation depends on your needs. If your needs require more power, wait. However, given that you don't drastically change your needs, the present MBP will work for a foreseeable future.

    Habitus :apple:
     

Share This Page