Craked apps Questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ROADDOG01, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROADDOG01, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Yes, it hurts the developers. Seriously, how could stealing an app instead of paying for it NOT hurt the person that created it?

And no, I don't steal. Not stuff from stores, not music, not ebooks, not apps.

3. flightsimmer macrumors newbie

Technically, yes, this is a bad thing. The developers spent a lot of their time (most of the time outside of their day jobs) to create these apps, and by using Installous, you're not giving them money for their hard work. I know a lot of people don't care if you download music from torrent sites, but when you download apps from Cydia and the Apple App Store, those are individuals who may not have a whole lot of extra money and you may be taking from their vacation or moving funds. I can see downloading an app that may be expensive to try it out, but if you plan to keep it pay for the app, or at least see if the developer has a PayPal page so you can donate what you think the app is worth.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

It hurts the AppStore app developers, I don't see how it affects the Cydia people...

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

actully forum rules don't even allow the discussion of Installous. However you stealing apps how would that not hurt the Devs. Your taking money out of there pocket. And most apps cost 99 cents. :rolleyes:

6. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

I am going to delete and pay I downloaded a few and just felt bad so that is why asked thanks for your honesty i am not out to hurt others

7. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

Thanks for your honesty I only asked because I actually felt bad I am going to fix it so it is not cracked this is why I asked I am far from being a thief

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If you went to a store and stole a pair of shoes, the store would not be getting the money for those shoes. Same idea here.

Also, forum rules state that you cannot talk about pirating or Installous here.

Dear mods, if there isn't already a sticky about pirating, I suggest the creation of one.

9. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

This is why I am asking. I am new to the whole thing so I wanted to ask. Thanks for letting me know I will delete and fix

10. ROADDOG01 thread starter macrumors regular

ROADDOG01

I will say this one more time. I am not a thief I asked because I wanted to do the right thing.

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

2nd this even though it's pretty apparent nobody reads the stickies! :rolleyes:

12. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I read like one when I first joined, although I knew a lot before I joined MR.

Stickies are great for newcomers, but I with they would bold them or make them more noticeable somehow; it just seems that no one cares to read them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.