Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
Wait, I went into the Universal Access Panel and the circle besides BLACK ON WHITE is checked off. What do I do now, though? I choose grayscale and it still looks like shiz.

Lemme know please.

Black on White is what should be checked (white on black would give you that inverted affect). "Use grayscale" should change it so your screen is showing only shades of gray... no colors.

email your screenshot to (edited to prevent spam) and I'll put it up, and a picture taken with a digital camera if you have one

matt1987

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
I AM SURROUND BY SAINTS ON EARTH.

YOU GUYS, I DID THE APPLE + P + R thing and I'M BACK TO BEAUTIFUL COLOR AND ALL THAT JAZZ.

I am so ***ing relieved. I'm a University student and I do not have the money to get this repaired or have it **** up my work.

OMG, I am sooooo happy. You guys, thank you, thank you. I could hug everyone of you.

When I saw my screen come back properly I literally screamed "****! YES!!!"

Thank-you, you guys are very kind to take the time to help me.

Man, I feel like dancing.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
That's great!

Beware that Windows installation can be a bit of a trial on some Macs... is in truly necessary on yours?

matt1987

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
That's great!

Beware that Windows installation can be a bit of a trial on some Macs... is in truly necessary on yours?

A bit of a trial as in it can **** up your computer for good?

All I wanted to do was test out Rainbow Six: Vegas on my Mac...that's all I wanted.

I wish they made sick versions of games like that for Mac. Macs suck for games and I thought with BootCamp, it would solve my problems but alas, no.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA

All I wanted to do was test out Rainbow Six: Vegas on my Mac...that's all I wanted.

I wish they made sick versions of games like that for Mac. Macs suck for games and I thought with BootCamp, it would solve my problems but alas, no.
It probably can't do any permanent damage to the Mac... but it could screw things up enough that you'd need to reinstall, so please be sure you have a backup of any essential files.

Still, most people get it to work just fine, so odds are your next attempt will work, since you're using an "official" XP disk to install.

Clocknova

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2007
Whoa! Me, too. Thanks.

This same thing just happened to me for no reason that I can discern. Thankfully, Google has once again proved its usefulness by directing me to this thread with the use of the search terms "macbook pro screen color invert." Resetting the PRAM solved the problem, though I'd still like to know how it happened in the first place. Thanks guys. I might not have thought of the PRAM on my own.

whateverandever

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2006
Baltimore
Strangely enough, this is the problem we've had for ages with getting 1920x1200 displays to work in the MBP.

I wish we could have investigated your "broken" settings to find out what changed so that we could work on the solution for the WUXGA displays.

Ah well.

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada

Oh the irony that it made your display into a rainbow mess :p

goskone

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2007
I Had the same problem heres how i fixed it

After reading through this thread i saw one poster say something about universal access. I went in to system preferences>universal access. and slid the enhance contrast button to normal. Back to beautiful display. Thanks everyone!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.