Crap!! iPad 3 factory warranty?! Still good?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by acarney, Oct 23, 2012.

1. acarney macrumors 6502

So my iPad 3 is about 8 months old. I had it replaced about a month ago because the edge & screen were starting to get a hairline crack & split apart. The guy at apple saw the issue & knew it wasn't from dropping or anything and swappe it out with a new one. Well when I got home I noticed that if you put pressure anywhere within an inch of that FaceTime front camera and released it would make a nasty pop/snapping sound. It's like the glass is separating from a subsurface or something. My apple store is a two hour drive so I won't be able to go back up until probably in December when I can do a mini little vacation & do Christmas shopping & stuff with a friend.

It'll still be within the one year factory warranty & there is zero damage to the case and zero water damage, so they should for sure see that this is a factory problem. Will I be able to get it swapped out or am I going to get denied service because iPad 3 has been discontinued?

2. goMac macrumors 603

A new iPad doesn't change your warranty. You still have a warranty, and Apple keeps iPad 3s on hand for parts/swapping.

3. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Your warranty is still good and Apple will still be able to replace your iPad 3. No need to worry, they will take care of you. Why not call customer service and ship it to them if you can't go there until Dec.?

4. acarney thread starter macrumors 6502

I was kinda thinking about that but I do use it almost daily for taking notes in school and reading PDFs of lectures & such while at Starbucks or something. It's still fully functional, just I don't want to ignore the issue. I like going to Spokane, WA once every couple months to have fun for a day and shop/see an IMAX & a nice dinner. Thought this could just wait till the next time I head up there... But then started to panic, lol