Crap Phone Lovely Display!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wrkactjob, Jun 25, 2010.

1. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Do you regret selling your old iPhone and buying this clusterf*ck device?

I wonder when Apple shares start dropping in value Jobs will call it a "non issue" too?

So glad I am sticking with my good old jailbroken 3G! And OS4 can take a long walk off a short plank too!

Really Apple is turning out to be a victim of it's own success trying to feed the publics insatiable and voracious appetite for new technology. It's spreading itself too thin introducing the ipad and iPhone a new OS and being under pressure to introduce new hardware Air etc.

Really they must have known about this pathetic aerial design mistake when they carried out their extensive testing, was ita case of too late let's just plough ahead with it all and call it a non issue stick our heads in the sand and hope our loyal fan base will turn a blind eye?

2. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I'm just going to use it as normal when browsing the internet or using apps, as soon a call is incoming or I need to make a call I'll make sure to hold it in my right hand or use a headset.

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

Of course YMMV but there are a lot of us with no issues. I know it's cool to make yet another post bashing the 4 but I think people with complaints such as yours are in the minority. My cell reception is top notch, face time kicked ass, wifi, no issues no drop in signal for me. Sorry you're having issues, maybe sticking with your 3g is the best course of action.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why should you. I agree with the OP after spending a lot of money, now under a high ETF, and having reset your 2 year commitment to AT&T, the phone doesn't work when you hold it in your left hand.

That's very un-apple like. People have long admired apple's approach and attention to detail. Now (in a different thread) Steve is saying don't hold it in your left hand, and you're basically agreeing with him. Personally, I like phones that can be used in either hand. That's not too much to ask for.
    [​IMG]

5. 0101001 macrumors 6502

6. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I shouldn't have to but I want an iPhone 4 and I don't see any other phone as being as good for me as the iPhone 4. So I will need to make adjustments to be able to use it.

But I will get a bumper and just forget about it.

7. SexyBeast macrumors regular

I don't understand all the hate. The phone works perfect, looks gorgeous and is without a doubt the best phone on the market. I have no issues with the "dropped signal" thing. If you have that problem, hold the damn phone a different way. It's not that big of a deal! Either deal with it or go get an Evo 4G and deal with the glass separating from the device. Try to go to a Sprint store and get that fixed...oh wait...you can't!

8. Galacticus macrumors member

So, the OP is admitting they don't even have an iphone 4 yet they made a thread about how much the iphone 4 sucks?

Some of you are ridiculous.

9. vile macrumors member

+1

10. Mercaptan macrumors regular

Haven't noticed any problems. The screen is beautiful, signal is as strong as with any other phone I have had, OS is smooth and fast, and I Facetimed with a friend yesterday and it was quite cool.

Don't regret selling my 3GS one bit.

11. BConvery macrumors regular

this

12. wrkactjob thread starter macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Yes unless you own something your not allowed to pass comment, it's illegal.

13. shawndon macrumors newbie

I also have no problems. As soon as I got it yesterday, I held the bottom left corner and nothing happened. No yellow spots, no problems whatsoever. I also didn't sell my 3GS either in case I needed a backup phone. Overall happy with my purchase.

14. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

No problems at all, absolutely no regrets. Amazing phone, amazing display, more features than I'd ever wanted.

15. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I really find it hard to believe that this is effecting anyone during normal use. People are just watching Internet videos and freaking out. I don't usually agree with jobs but It really is a non issue.

16. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

I have no signal issue when holding the phone in any way. I am not saying that it isn't a problem just that I don't have it.

I do have a slight darkening on the edge of the screen that I think I might be nit picking over but I don't think so.

Otherwise amazing phone.

17. mangohippo macrumors member

How come no one apparently wants a case for their iPhone 4 when everyone wanted a case with the previous models? Its like people are suddenly anti-case ever since Apple told them to get one. Toddlers...

18. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Nice objective review by someone who has used the iP4 for a few days now. :rolleyes:

19. King Luis macrumors 6502

you know this happens every time any company releases a device. so many people get crazy hyped on it and then get let down when its not what they expected.

every iphone that has been released has had its issues. everyone buys them and a year later when the new one gets released they buy it then complain that their previous one is better.

seriously guys, stop your whining. instead of bitching and complaining, learn about the device and what is causing the issues and see how to fix it and inform people. ie: yellow spots on the screen, found to be the glue agent (or something like that) and over time it'll evaporate and go away.