Crappy 3G in LBI

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dr Kevorkian94, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Well I'm on vacation, I took my first road trip with my iPad. And I had a fine 3G connection all the way down the highway. Once I got on the island the connection failed. I have full bars but yet no connection whatsoever even my iPhone has no connection. I'm current ly working off wi-fi at the moment and exept for the one spot where I do get a connection the rest of the island up to bay village is a dead spot. I don't know how manta of you have been or are hear now but just want to know how many of you share my sentiments.

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Nice report, but I don't think anyone knows were LBI is.

3. bithacker macrumors newbie

Right off of 72.. I am no shoobie. But yea, voice is all that usually works there.

4. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

At least U know where it is, it's a vacation spot on the jersey shore I see many car stickers with it. I go hear a lot on vacation and I don't remember the 3G being so bad. I even get better service in new York and they still haven fixed the speeds there. I was at a friends house near toms river nj and the speeds were super fast. It's a little better in the house I'm in so I'm happy for know.

5. Factor1 macrumors member

LBI is Long Beach Island, a vacation spot just north of Atlantic City. Not many people outside of NY/NJ/PA/DELMARVA probably know what the heck LBI Stands for.

Coastal areas are tricky, sometime you can get coverage a mile or two off the coast, and sometimes coverage on the beach is spotty. I guess that's just a result of the towers covering a radius and the resulting overlaps may not always cover the entire beach.

6. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

7. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

This is getting annoying, I think u are right it's the result of overlaping towers. I get service now but in about 5 min it will go away, I'm stting down in the same spot and it goes on and off. I have full service but it still does this. Sigh:(