Crappy ATT Service @ Work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlindMellon, Apr 29, 2011.

1. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

a year ago, for quite a bit of $$, i bought out my verizon family plan and moved everyone over to ATT to get an iphone.

i find that, where i'm at 10 hours a day (work) i get NO att signal. (it actually bounced between 1/4 bar and 'no service'. i can't even make a freakin' phone call. this is one of the main reasons i bought the phone and it's proving almost worthless to me.

quite frankly, i'm very pissed about this and was wondering, before i call att and rant and rave, what my options might be? i'm paying for a smartphone and am not getting the services i'm paying for.

thoughts?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Have you experimented with turning 3G off while you're at work? What happens then?

I used to have to do that at my job and it made all the difference in the world.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

You're in a dead zone. All carriers have them. Get a Microcell as mentioned above.

5. BubbaJones macrumors regular

BubbaJones

Hey! We must work in the same building...

You can also download the "Mark the Spot" AT&T app. Doesn't "really" help, but I like the thought of hammering AT&T with daily reports...

Also, the microcell may not work for you. I doubt your company will a) spend the money on it and b) allow it on their network.

Try and get a desk by the window...

6. wpotere Guest

Or you are in a building that has a lot of metal in it and the signal is being blocked. A microcell will help in this situation but place it near a window.

7. Stoutman11 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah im in same boat. Work downtown milwaukee and up on my floor i get 1 bar and edge sometimes 3g. It sucks i cnat even stream radio. It was slightly better when i sat by the windows but now my desk is even more toward the center of the building and i drop half my calls from that location. When i go down to the lobby of the building it works fine. Dont know why it works better lower in the building than higher up in the building?