Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amsco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Inevitably, the trackpad on my MacBook Pro is shiny and ugly, and some of my keys are beginning to get shiny. I know you can replace the keyboard, but where can you do this at?

Also, does Apple offer replacements on Trackpads, or does that go hand-in-hand with the keyboard re-do?

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
the trackpad is part of the upper casing. it doesn't remove easily or at all. apple wont replace it just because its shiny, for free anyways. how much more shiny can it be than the rest of the metal laptop.

Amsco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
the trackpad is part of the upper casing. it doesn't remove easily or at all. apple wont replace it just because its shiny, for free anyways. how much more shiny can it be than the rest of the metal laptop.

Very. I don't rest my wrists when I type it.

And I would pay them to do it.

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
To replace the trackpad? Are you serious?

yes unfortunately. because its part of that whole upper casing, basically everything you see above that grey plastic that whole thing is one piece, keyboard can be removed i think. I could be wrong but I've never seen it separate.

Amsco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
im sorry what message are you conveying to me? yes thats a mb, he paid between 120-150 for that i believe. you have a mbp and the cheapest i've seen that part is high 100's not including labor. unless you do it yourself.

Would be worth it. To have the MBP be all new again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.