Crappy Wireless Xbox Headset

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by TheShinyMac, Jul 2, 2010.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I've had it with this thing, it always disconnects, sound quality is awful and it puts static down the "pipes" at random times! What can I do, is there some flashing for it? I sent Major Nelson an email regarding it and haven't received a response yet

2. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

That thing has always been crappy. I don't know of any fixes for it. It doesn't fit my ear very well, so I've always just stuck with the wired one. The sound quality of both the wired and wireless headset are pretty bad because of how much they compress things.
    I'm not sure what you think he is going to be able to fix. He is "Xbox Live Director of Programming" and has nothing to do with hardware or accessories at Xbox. You would probably be better served by just contacting Xbox Customer Support....

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/contactus.aspx

3. Eaton Photos macrumors regular

Buy some Quality Wireless Ears.

I bought some Turtle Beach X31's on Amazon for about $80.00 including shipping, and they have been phenomenal, while playing games like COD: MW2, and other games, where hearing an opponent before they get to you, creates an advantage for you.

Good luck with your situation.