Crash Bandicoot on 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Phish311, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Phish311 macrumors regular

I swear that everytime i do one race on this game, my battery life decreases by almost 25%. has anyone else used this game and found this same issue?

2. seamustry macrumors member

i think pretty much all graphics intensive games will really eat up your battery.

i feel that apple has not done a good job providing good battery life on a device that they're marketing as a gaming device (the funnest ipod ever).

3. Phish311 thread starter macrumors regular

i want to get the new soccer game but i feel like that will eat up the battery as well.

Is there a way to play Crash while listening to music. it seems to shut off everytime i load that app, but not others?? thanks

4. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I've an iPhone rather than an iTouch; but I play this game a fair bit and I'd need to play several races to drain the battery that much. If I just had one race, it wouldn't make any (visible) dent in the battery life.

5. Phish311 thread starter macrumors regular

I just called Apple and explained that i played for 15-20 minutes on a fully charged battery and that i got a message saying that i was under 20%. when i quit the game, my battery life went up a slight bit. According to apple this is completely normal!!!! He said games like this will go through battery life in 40 minutes. Is this how it should be? i thought this product was supposed to be a gaming device as well?

6. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Same here.

7. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

The ipod touch is not a good gaming device because of its horrible battery life. This is common I've been seeing on these boards. Graphic intensive games will just eat up your battery.

8. Phish311 thread starter macrumors regular

just wanted to see if anyone else with an ipod touch 2g has played this game and how it effects your battery life. Thanks

9. kingballin20 macrumors regular

kingballin20

how is the battery life outside of gaming? is it phonominal or good?

10. kyto macrumors member

when you aren't doing anything cool (like playing games with good graphics surfing the web, or watching videos) the battery life is great. listening to music for a while or looking at your calendar is just fine for a long time.