Crash Logs with iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RogersDA, May 13, 2011.

1. RogersDA, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011

RogersDA macrumors 6502

I have a lot of app crashes on mu iPad 2 (verizon - 64GB model).

The most notorious are Tapatalk and NASDAQ OMX. I get them with Twitter, RealRacing2 HD, and some Apple-installed apps

I turned off/on the iPad and re-synced. I looked at my crash logs and there are A LOT of low memory logs.

Log listing:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25114862/crashlog.listing.txt

Sorry - I forgot to include the statement that I am curious if this is "normal" or if anyone else is experiencing this same or similar issue.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Are you just letting us know that you have a lot of crashes, or do you have a question because I didn't read one in your post.

3. RogersDA thread starter macrumors 6502

Fixed. Sorry for the obfuscation.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Since March when I got my iPad 2 I have only ever had Twitter crash on me twice, and on my first iPad I only had Pandora crash, So for me I would say that it is not normal.

You said you re-synced, but did you actually restore the entire OS because it sounds like you might have a bug or corrupted file in the software.

5. RogersDA thread starter macrumors 6502

I have not restored. This iPad is a replacement from Apple - I got it on April 24th. At that time I set it up new and added the apps. The iOS was updated to 4.3.3, but these app crashes have been going on before the update.

For what it's worth the previous iPad did the same thing.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Well if you restored from a back-up, thats why its going to keep doing the same thing until you restore it as a new device.

You wouldn't restore your computer from a back-up if the reason your restoring it is because of a Virus, you'd want a new OS.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Also, do you ever remove the open apps from the Multi-tasking Bar?

Most of those apps have crashed because of low memory, having several opens apps will use up a lot of memory and possibly causing those crashes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]