Crash NK3D Story Mission 8

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Lexoticstylez02, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Has anybody beaten this guy?! I must've played this level over 10 times and still no luck.

Also, how do you unlock the other characters? Beat story mode? I've completed the Cup portion of the game with 1st place in each cup and still no other characters unlocked.

2. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

you unlock characters by collecting C-R-A-S-H in story mode.

3. Lexoticstylez02 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

I thought that might be it. If I go back into story mode and collect C-R-A-S-H can I just exit out of the race and still have the characters unlocked? I'd rather not do the entire story mode over.

4. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

i'm not sure about that, sorry

5. cparkphoto macrumors member

took me forever to beat that one. a lot of boredom during a flight and eventually i took him by a nose.

6. Lexoticstylez02 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Is his character just faster? If I unlocked him through getting C-R-A-S-H do you think I'd have a better chance? Or does he get unlocked through beating that mission?

7. pianoplayer1 macrumors 6502

pianoplayer1

Is the game very laggy for everyone or is it just me??

8. Lexoticstylez02 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Choppy sometimes, but it shouldn't be very laggy.. try restarting your phone and playing again.

I'm sure they'll take care of the choppiness in the future updates. And if we're lucky, even more tracks :)

9. pianoplayer1 macrumors 6502

pianoplayer1

Yea I meant choppy, not laggy. But the choppiness gets really annoying and kinda ruins the game for me.

10. wrboyce macrumors 6502

I completed mission 8 the day before yesterday with the standard character (I've now started collecting the CRASH letters)... I found it VERY frustrating, but I got there in the end, by the skin of my teeth.

I think you just have to get most of the boosts, and avoid bad things like the lasers on the track. Oh, and skidding around corners helps.

Do you even get to choose a character to use in story mode? I've not unlocked any other chars yet so wouldn't know but I've never been given an option to pick a character in Story mode.

Annoyed me that there is no way of telling I have completed story mode from the menus (that I can tell).. Surly they realise we want to show off?!

11. Lexoticstylez02 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

I beat it earlier, thank god haha I was getting frustrated cause the SOB was fast as hell. I noticed you can't choose characters in story mode, but I have been collecting C-R-A-S-H letters and so far I've gotten every character except the 2nd to last one. I can't seem to find the S on that level.

12. kiteskiutah macrumors newbie

beat story 8

He is fast but you can set a good lead by getting over the first two lasers. Definitely take the short cut over right after the 1st/2nd? jump, to the right. Use as many of the boosters as possible.

Also, if you get a missile on the last lap save it until right before the finish. you can hit him and then catch the last boost to the line. Good Luck.

13. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

how does this game compare to Super monkey ball? i dont know if i want to put even more money into the app store ;)

14. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

It's not as smooth as SMB, but the controls are better and I find myself playing it more often than SMB. I also like it better than Cro-Mag Rally.

15. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

and the graphics are worse in crash

16. wrboyce macrumors 6502

I much prefer CBNR to SMB.. I dunno, I just find SMB really hard to control.. I'm yet to complete the first world on easy! I get to the level after the jump and always run out of time, and am too frustrated to bother with the continues and go for a nice relaxing drive instead ;-)

17. kiteskiutah macrumors newbie

SMB sucks!!!

SMB is way overrated for $10. You will be bored (possibly frustrated) of it in a few hours. Go for dizzy bee. It's $3 and actually pretty addicting. I probably play this more than all the others. CBNK is great though if you don't have it already.