Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Previous version of OS X could not recover from a crash without buying extra hardware or purchasing the Server edition.

Is this still the case with Lion? I'm searching all over right now and no luck.

If you're interested why, my computer will remain on for 77 days at home while I'm deployed and I will be remoting in to do bills and another stuff...have to do it this way since our network is completely recorded and all events sold to the highest bidder.

My computer happens to crash every now and then (1 crash=crashed for the duration) and I can't exactly get back until after the 77 days is up.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
This always happens, after 10 seconds of I wonder what has changed in preferences...new feature in lion Energy Saver:

"Restart automatically if the computer freezes."

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Previous version of OS X could not recover from a crash without buying extra hardware or purchasing the Server edition.

Is this still the case with Lion? I'm searching all over right now and no luck.

If you're interested why, my computer will remain on for 77 days at home while I'm deployed and I will be remoting in to do bills and another stuff...have to do it this way since our network is completely recorded and all events sold to the highest bidder.

My computer happens to crash every now and then (1 crash=crashed for the duration) and I can't exactly get back until after the 77 days is up.

Mac OS X has had the ability to restart if there was a problem or after a power outage for some time.
System Preferences -> Energy Saver

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-20 at 6.13.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-20 at 6.13.25 PM.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 67
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.