Crash Safari with -> www.aramex.com

W2u7Yw4HaD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Perhaps someone can report this to Apple.. Browse to www.aramex.com. Now, click on services on top middle.. Safari will crash.. The around this has been to not click on services and just float over it and then click and select from list. Tried on PowerPC and Intel mac mini..

W2u7Yw4HaD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Maybe I should call apple about it directly.. Shouldn't crash safari none the less..

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Yeah, it crashed mine too. Regardless of whether it's a bad site or not, it shouldn't be able to bring down the whole browser! :eek:

Edit: And crashed again while trying to bug-report it.

Edit 2: Report sent, this time I didn't keep the site open while reporting it.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
There have been a handful of sites posted here that will do this.

I learned my lesson to just trust the OP. It's annoying when you have a bunch of windows open from different things and you click the link expecting nothing to happen. :p

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
Oh...yup. There it went!

I feel like we are people lined up in front of an electric fence. There is someone up front going, "Hey! this fence is electrified!" and we all go touch it one by one right after eachother.

crees!

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
I have just installed the latest QuickTime update (if that matters) then I checked the mentioned site. Everything works fine for me.

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
It's crashing for me as well.

After some debugging the function that is dying is:

Code:
function MakeRealHide(MenuItem)
{
	document.getElementById(MenuItem).style.display = 'none';
	for(i=0;i<MaxMenuNumber;i++)
		document.getElementById("ScrollDiv"+i).scrollTop=0;

if(MenuItem == 'menu0' || MenuItem == 'menu1')
		document.getElementById('selCountries').style.visibility = 'visible';
}
With the particular problem line being:

document.getElementById("ScrollDiv"+i).scrollTop=0;

Commenting it out makes it work just fine in Safari, et al -- the only thing it doesn't do is reset the drop down to the topmost position. For some reason Safari does not like the dynamic "ScrollDiv" plus the for loop's counter (setting it to ScrollDiv1, for instance, works.) Error log reports with various WebKit/JavaScriptCore errors.

Anyroad, that HTML is a mess. The header alone has nested upon nested upon nested upon nested upon nested upon nested upon nested upon nested tables. Take a look at the snapshot from Firefox's DOM inspector (remember, the left-hand most side is the root of the document, with each indent is a new nested element)

Attachments