iPhone Crash to safe mode maps

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by From A Buick 8, Nov 9, 2014.

1. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I am having an issue with Apple maps crashing to safe mode. Seems to happen when I am using navigation and switch from maps to another app. Anyone else seeing this.

2. koolhand79 macrumors member

koolhand79

Yes. I have the exact same issue with Apple maps. Very annoying

3. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Ok cool, let's compare what we have installed to see if we can find the problem.
    Infinidock, folder enhancer, hideme8, barrel, calendar for lockscreen, unlimited iTunes radio skips, tiny bar, no slow animations, statusHUD2, flipswitch, 20 second lockscreen, ccsettings, activator.

4. zamudiovsky macrumors regular

I had that issue with the first Pangu jailbreak and could never fix it, I believe is a problem with Pangu and Apple Maps...

5. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Hmm, well all things considered I guess I can just use waze for my navigation needs.

6. zamudiovsky macrumors regular

Google maps works fine too

7. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Thanks I might try that as well, have used waze in the past and it worked well for the most part.

8. JeReSpringer13 macrumors member

I'd rather resolve the issue than work around it since jailbreaking is about adding functionality to your device.

Out of the tweaks From A Buick 8 posted, I also have installed:
    Hideme8, tiny bar, no slow animations and activator.

This issue just started with my phone yesterday and I haven't updated anything lately, so I'm not sure what could be causing this. Has anyone found a solution?

9. Mosbius macrumors newbie

I thought that I was the only experiencing this! I am thankful to find others. This is occurring on my iPhone 6 running ios 8.1 but this also happened on my iPhone 5 running ios 6.0.3.

From the apps that From A to Buick 8 posted I too have TinyBar and Activator. Funny thing is that I suspected TinyBar last night when this occured since the navigation bar displayed a regular full bar when I attempted to switch applications and then crashed one I switched. I am going to uninstall TinyBar and see if that is the culprit. If so I will let you all know and email the developer.

10. zamudiovsky macrumors regular

I think the problem is the jailbreak itself (or cydia?) my phone was crashing from Apple Maps directions (it crashes only if you start directions to somewhere, not only if browsing around) when my jailbreak was brand new and I hadn't install anything yet.