Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jarr0d91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2009
do this...

in the attachments,

the screen goes black with a colour strip and sometimes the speakers screech, it seems to be quite intermittent, but some operations increase the likelihood of occurrence

Attachments

• P4202146.JPG
    P4202146.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 41
  • P5092153.JPG
    P5092153.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 46
  • P5092156.JPG
    P5092156.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 42
  • P4202149.JPG
    P4202149.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 40

MacAndy74

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2009
Australia
Most likely a fault has developed with the Logic Board / GPU Memory. :(
Hope that your MacBook is still covered by warranty - otherwise it could cost a bit to repair.

Jarr0d91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2009
re:

it's like 3 months old, if i was to replace/have it repaired under warranty, how would I go about it?
and is there something I can use to do a backup of all my applications and stuff then wipe my disk so they don't see all my hechem

Jethryn Freyman

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2007
Australia
it's like 3 months old, if i was to replace/have it repaired under warranty, how would I go about it?
and is there something I can use to do a backup of all my applications and stuff then wipe my disk so they don't see all my hechem

Disk Utility can do a secure wipe of the disk. Use Disk Utility located on the system DVD.

Go to your friendly neighborhood Apple Store to get them to fix it. You can run the Apple Hardware Test yourself to check. It's on the system DVD.

DBAN is good at wiping drives on computers. Go here to get it:
http://www.dban.org/

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA

Contact a local Apple store or a Apple authorized retailer and they'll take you through the warranty process.

There's a few ways to backup data. I can't tell from you description if you can currently access the system, but some backup software is Time Machine and Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC). If you're having issues when logged in then using your Mac in Targeted Disk Mode would be the best option probably.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
Contact a local Apple store or a Apple authorized retailer and they'll take you through the warranty process.

There's a few ways to backup data. I can't tell from you description if you can currently access the system, but some backup software is Time Machine and Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC). If you're having issues when logged in then using your Mac in Targeted Disk Mode would be the best option probably.

No firewire dude...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.