crash- why does my mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jarr0d91, May 9, 2009.

1. Jarr0d91 macrumors newbie

do this...

in the attachments,

the screen goes black with a colour strip and sometimes the speakers screech, it seems to be quite intermittent, but some operations increase the likelihood of occurrence

Attached Files:

2. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

Most likely a fault has developed with the Logic Board / GPU Memory. :(
    Hope that your MacBook is still covered by warranty - otherwise it could cost a bit to repair.

3. Jarr0d91 thread starter macrumors newbie

re:

it's like 3 months old, if i was to replace/have it repaired under warranty, how would I go about it?
    and is there something I can use to do a backup of all my applications and stuff then wipe my disk so they don't see all my hechem

4. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Disk Utility can do a secure wipe of the disk. Use Disk Utility located on the system DVD.

Go to your friendly neighborhood Apple Store to get them to fix it. You can run the Apple Hardware Test yourself to check. It's on the system DVD.

DBAN is good at wiping drives on computers. Go here to get it:
    http://www.dban.org/

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Contact a local Apple store or a Apple authorized retailer and they'll take you through the warranty process.

There's a few ways to backup data. I can't tell from you description if you can currently access the system, but some backup software is Time Machine and Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC). If you're having issues when logged in then using your Mac in Targeted Disk Mode would be the best option probably.

6. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

No firewire dude...

7. Jarr0d91 thread starter macrumors newbie

500gb usb2 device:(, why don't they support usb2