crashed already & cosmetic glitch in Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ritmomundo, Jul 20, 2011.

1. ritmomundo, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I just noticed a glitch in Lion. Not a big deal, but its a bit annoying. I've got my background set to change every 5 minutes. I stepped away from my MBA for about 20-30 minutes, and when I came back, the screen was off and I had to type in my password (all normal). But then, the task bar at the top of the screen (which is semi translucent) had a different background image than the actual desktop's background. I tried a few things to get it to refresh, with no luck. Eventually I restarted the whole system, and then it went back to normal. Strange and annoying, but not a huge issue.

Edit: I've also had one crash already (within an hour of installing Lion). I dunno if it was because the system was indexing, or what, but everything froze midway through the software update (I think it was dl'ing the new iTunes). No apps would open. I had safari open, and nothing would load, but the trackpad was responsive. I had to force power down (holding down the power button), which is something I don't think I ever needed to do with SL. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

2. HoagieII macrumors newbie

I had the same problem on my MBA when trying to download the new updates, I haven't gone back to try it again but it sounds like you had the same thing wrong.

3. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I've had multiple crashes and glitches already.

4. ritmomundo thread starter macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

After that reboot after it crashed for me, I let the indexing finish (which took about 30+ mins). Then, updating thru software update worked fine. Haven't had a crash since then, but its only been a few hours.

However, the animations in Lion are way choppier than I would've expected (like when an app goes fullscreen, or when launching mission control). I'm running an ultimate 11" MBA (2010), and this choppiness makes me feel like Lion doesn't even run well on it. But from what Ive read, others with decked out specs have been having the same issue. Hopefully Apple fixes them in the next update.

I guess they're just issues we have to deal with when we get the .0 release. Hopefully thats the worst of it.