Crashed my MBP...Sweet!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Architect4122, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Architect4122 macrumors regular

Crashed my MBP a few days ago several times!

Why is this is a good thing? It's because its the faith I have in this machine! :cool:

Basically, I have a work horse. I had Photoshop CS3, Illustrator CS3, Safari, Mail, iChat, iTunes, iCal, Acrobat, FireFox, Bridge, vectorworks all open and switching between them like a mad man.

(I'm an intern at an Architectural firm and right now I'm working on a really nice model. I'm having to create materials from photos and create vector files from them, and a lot of other processing. Have to set up meetings and keep in touch with some contractors, while chatting with other people in the office about info and suggestions. Surf for new images, while listen to music, as well as tracking time for parts of project and making meetings)

In other words, I bought this as a workhorse, and I used it and I beat it. Which is awesome, because I doubt even a stable XP PC would be able to handle this multitasking. Expose corners is a LIFE SAVER!

Thank you Apple :D :apple:

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

What do you mean by crash? Kernel Panic or just unresponsive?

3. Architect4122 thread starter macrumors regular

Full on freeze, not even the mouse would move, had to force shut down.

4. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

I would definitely run Disk Utility from the install DVD or from a clone and verify the disk. You may have some file corruption as a result of the forced crashes that may not be apparent now, but will pop up its ugly head later.

Just a word of caution.

5. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I guess I don't understand how this is a good thing?

6. Burtonsnow9 macrumors regular

what he's saying is that he's happy that it took that much stuff to cause a crash whereas on xp or vista it would only take a few programs and it'd be dead.

7. Architect4122 thread starter macrumors regular

Its the whole mentality of getting a Mac Pro. You know you're getting a sweet machine, and you're sure as hell going to throw what you have at it. You know when you have a new piece of hardware with a great OS and interface that you want to use that thing to its max.

I just happened to max it out beyond what it was able to do...which is perfectly fine, because it took TONS of stuff open and running non stop to do it.

I don't know how to explain it. Maybe its the same as when an OC'er crashes their machine doing what it does best! :cool: