Crashed - Tried install from 3 discs - nothing working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sportguy0913, Feb 6, 2010.

1. sportguy0913 macrumors 6502

I have 13" MBP Mid - 2009 bought July '09. My computer started with a ? folder flashing the other day, and I can't get Leopard or Snow Leopard to reinstall. My computer has crashed before, and I ended up somehow getting Leopard to install. I have time machine backups of my data. I tried erasing and reinstalling both Leopard and Snow Leopard; I've tried re partitioning and reinstalling both Leopard and Snow Leopard; I've tried Zeroing out the data then installing and no go either. Any Ideas?

When my computer crashed before, I thought it was because of faulty snow leopard upgrade installation (installed then crashed a month later). I called Apple and they sent me a new Snow Leopard Disc. Before the disc arrived, I finally got Leopard to install. I waited till I got an external hard drive to back up my stuff before I installed snow leopard with new disc. Well, I installed snow leopard the week after christmas, and now a month later it did this again. I tried all that I told you in the above paragraph. What is wrong with my computer? I really need it cause its the only mac I have and I have papers I need to turn in that are on my backups! Help Please.

EDIT:
    The errors I get are as follows:
    When installing
    ---Could not copy files to /Volumes/Macintosh HD
    ---Could not copy the necessary support files
    When checking discs/repairing
    ---Unused Node not deleted (Node XXX (whatever number it may be))

Also, I've tried restoring from my time machine through the install DVD boot system, but it gives an error that goes like "had trouble installing the operating system" or something like that.

Edit 2:

Just for clarification, I used the Leopard disc that came with my machine, and watched it go through the disc check prior to installation with 0 errors (went through it to 100% then started installation)

2. m85476585 macrumors 65816

3. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

4. sportguy0913 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just did that as you said (the regular test, not the expanded test that you check the box for), and it said no problems found.

5. sportguy0913 thread starter macrumors 6502

Edit 3:

I zeroed out the harddrive and tried installing Leopard (original disc). Disc went through the disk check and passed, then started installing, install completed, gave the success screen, then clicked restart and it froze on a gray screen. I manually held the power button to turn it off, then when rebooting it came to the white screen with the apple and teh apple flickered to the folder with a ?. And sometimes a O with a line through it.