crashes after jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by phantom501, Dec 28, 2011.

1. phantom501 macrumors newbie

so i jailbroke my iphone 4 yesterday and after installing a couple items certain apps like facebook, cnn, and other 3rd party apps won't open. is any one else getting this problem? and if so, how did you fix it?

2. Crash12928 macrumors newbie

I'm also having the same issue. I jailbroke IOS 5.0.1 with the latest update (redsn0w) and almost nothing is working on my phone. Facebook crashes instantly along with twitter and a few other apps. I'm on a iPhone 4..I've waited forever for a jailbreak for 5.0.1 and now I have one and nothing works. :(

3. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Have you installed any apps from Cydia? This happens with me too but only when I install BBSettings

4. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

Guys, guys, guys... Take a deep breath and relax.

First do a fresh restore from itunes latest version located here: Windows and for Mac And Windows 64 bit

Then download the correct IPSW for your iPhone here: iPhone 4 GSM - iPhone 4 CDMA

Then install iTunes, restart if required. Start iTunes, for mac users, press "option + restore" select the downloaded IPSW. For Window users, press "shift + restore" select the downloaded IPSW.

If you get errors, then locate your host file, remove the 2 bottom lines that points to iTunes/Apple servers, and do the same thing again.

Then if all went fine, restore your iPhones from a backup in iTunes. When done, you should all be back on stock IOS 5.0.1 now. Good, thats what we want.

Download Redsnow latest here: Window Users for Mac Users

Unpack the downloaded file to a folder of your choice. Then start Redsnow, hook up your iPhone guys. Then just hit "Jailbreak" and wait, this can take up to 5 mins to complete, but when done, you should all be "jailbroken" untethered now. Assuming you are up and running, start Cydia, and download the tools you need, like SBSettings, Winterboard and other tools. Do them one by one, or you will might end up again with same problem.

Have a great New Year all.:D