Crashing Apps (3rd Party)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by slashcrashcup, Sep 22, 2008.

1. slashcrashcup macrumors newbie

I have a 1 week old Ipod touch 2G running 2.1.1 firmware and have had this problem twice already. When I select a third party app. it takes me back to the homescreen. I have seen where iphone users have had this problem before, but it appears that there is no fix for this yet. Is that correct? Did I buy a lemon?

The first time I fixed it by removing all 3rd party apps and re-installing them. The second time it happend away from home and I still have this problem until I get home today. I heard someone say that it may be solved by de-authorizing my computer then Autorizing it again?

Any other thoughts. :(:apple:

2. Xgamer1224 macrumors regular

just hold the home button and the sleep/wake button until the silver apple logo appears. wait and it should be fine.

3. slashcrashcup thread starter macrumors newbie

Fine as in reset??? Not my definition of fine. Next.

4. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

not only affected by 3rd party apps... this happened to me using Apple's Remote application... i had to delete and reinstall...

5. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Do you have alot of apps? I hear people tend to have more crashes when they have 6 or more pages of apps installed.

6. slashcrashcup thread starter macrumors newbie

Only 3 pages, and yes any app installed from app store is subject to this crash including remote app. here as well.