Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lmaddox10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
Hi,

I am having a reoccurring (extremely frustrating) problem on my MacBook Pro running OSX Version 10.6.8 in both Safari and Firefox. Certain websites cause both browsers to hang and eventually crash; one such website is USAJobs.com. I have attached a crash log from the latest instance.

I am not totally savvy but I believe all of my plug-ins (Flash, etc.) are up to date. I disabled all plug-ins and still had the issue.

Please help! :)Cr

Attachments

• Safari_2011-07-07-151909_Lauren-Snyders-MacBook-Pro.doc
    115 KB · Views: 62

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
It's crashing in a font library. Did you install a new font recently or modify any existing ones?

lmaddox10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
I did actually install a couple from dafont.com a couple of months ago...could that be causing the problem? I'm not attached to the fonts so I don't mind deleting them but will that solve the issue?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
I'd certainly remove them and see if it stops crashing. Then, add them one by one back in until you find the one that is causing the crashes.

You could also try viewing them in Font Book and see if that is having any problems with them too.

lmaddox10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
I went ahead and deleted the fonts I added (in Font Library, completely removed them rather than just disabled and emptied trash). Still having the same hanging/crashing...

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Might need to restart the computer, just to make sure they're not loaded in memory somewhere.

lmaddox10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2011
After restarting, there is no change to the crash issue. I am wondering if I could have inadvertently moved/changed something in Finder that caused the issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.