Crashing when trying to exit power reserve mode?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Advil, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Advil macrumors 6502a

got my watch yesterday and this has already happened twice. i hold down the friends button to enter power reserve mode, then when i try to exit power reserve by holding that button again it crashes to the apple logo.

anyone else?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's rebooting, not crashing. Rebooting is required for getting out of power reserve mode.

3. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I believe that the only way out of power reserve mode is through a restart.

4. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

wow i'm an idiot... sorry to waste your time guys.

5. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

Don't say that, it's a genuine question and something that I'm sure a lot of people didn't know.

I was surprised the first time I tried to exit power reserve mode as well. I thought it would just exit out of the mode and resume normal functionality, similar to smartphones that have a power saving mode. I was extremely surprised when I saw the Apple logo indicating that the Watch was rebooting.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I guess it makes sense as most of the watch functions are shutting down with only time remaining. The watch basically is having to reboot to get everything going again.

7. mark34 macrumors 6502a

What surprises me is why anyone ever has to enter reserve mode... I guess if you forget to charge for a couple of nights?

8. thealiendad macrumors member

thealiendad

i just got the apple watch and went into reserve mode to see what the face would look like.

Also it may have been mentioned already, but you can also get out of reserve mode by placing the watch on the charger, it still reboots, but it makes sense that as soon as you start charging, the phone reboots to give full functionality. :)

9. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular

This is from the watch book you can download from IBook store for free.
    Return to normal power mode. Press and hold the side button to restart Apple Watch. There must be sufficient charge in the battery for this to work.”

Excerpt From: Apple Inc. “Apple Watch User Guide.” Apple Inc., 2015. iBooks.
    This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun.es/us/4HEW6.l