crashplan on mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by atteligibility, Oct 11, 2013.

1. atteligibility macrumors regular

Crashplan doesn't work anymore since I upgraded to Mavericks, anybody else with this issue and a fix?

2. nutmac macrumors 68040

I use CrashPlan all the time. Try downloading and installing the latest version of the client AND make sure you have Java run-time installed.

3. atteligibility thread starter macrumors regular

yep, did all that, not working though.
    glad to hear it should work, will troubleshoot it then

4. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I had a problem where the UI for selecting folders from my online backup to restore wouldn't work.

An complete uninstall and reinstall fixed it

5. jtara macrumors 65816

Installed Mavericks today, updated Java (the install uninstalled Java).

It backed-up to my local Linux machine, but won't back-up to the cloud, and no error messages. Just says "connecting to backup destination" and "initial backup not complete".

It seems it may think it's a new computer after the OS update.

6. masteroflondon macrumors regular

When I tried to run it, it said I needed to install a JE runtime. I agreed, it installed, and now Crashplan appears to be running. It's scanning at least...

7. adbf macrumors newbie

How is your upgrade going? Being able to use crashplan flawlessly is one of my main concerns on upgrading to maveriks.

8. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

I have yet to update my CP client but the version I have SEEMS to be working, after doing the Java update. I really should update the client though. I had some heart-stopping moments when it wasn't connecting but the icon indicates it's functional now.

9. masteroflondon macrumors regular

My iMac did the same as my MacBook Air (reported above). I installed the Java and it scanned, synchronised and is now backing up. Looks like about 180GB, so I think it's redoing stuff it should already have. I presume it's not recognising it as the same?

The MacBook didn't get as far as the actual backup, but it says it's just waiting for power.

10. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

i reinstalled the app, rebooted, and working fine. contact them if, they're really good with tech support...

11. adbf macrumors newbie

After the Mavericks upgrade and JAVA install, the crashplan backup started just where it left: everything's fine for me!

12. twinty7 macrumors newbie

I think it's up...

I had the same issue after upgrading to Mavericks... ended up downloading (what I think) is the newest version of the CP installer from crashplan.com (3.5.3) - and re-installed.

Upon installation, it mentioned that I needed the Jave SE6 runtime.... so I thought ok.. lemme go install Java.... went to java.com - and downloaded, and installed.... restarted (just to be safe)...launched Crashplan - and same message... so I hi ok/agree on the se6 runtime message... and allowed it to update...

It looks like it's updating via software update (i.e.. similar to an apple update)....

now... launched Crashplan, and it seems to be up and running - currently scanning my files, etc....

My question - have the SE6 runtime, and also the what I consider "full" version of Java 7 - isn't that conflicting something somewhere?

I'm no developer or anything like that - so...I guess, as long as it works - it doesn't matter... but, I like to run my systems as "clean" as possible....

13. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

They can coexist just fine. Some Java apps will only work with 6 and others will work with either. No harm in leaving it as is.

14. brentsg macrumors 68040

I also had issues and had to go back and reinstall JRE 6, as it's apparently not working with 7.

15. MyMacTech macrumors newbie

Don't forget to do a test restore of your data from CrashPlan's server, after this fix and after CP has had a chance to push enough data up to their server. You shouldn't trust a backup until you've actually tested the restoration of files and successfully opened those files. ;)