crashreport help....

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iLoveMacPro, Nov 8, 2009.

1. iLoveMacPro macrumors member

Hi,
    There is this file under Library/Application Support/CrashReporter name Intervals_CD0902D5-A134-5266-A86D-42D753F53806.plist. What is this file about because i keep seeing the date modified is today. I guess it happen everytime i turn on my macbook pro 13 then the date modified change today. Is this something i should be worry about????

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

No, that's normal.

I suggest that you avoid poking around in there too much unless there's something in particular that you're after.

3. iLoveMacPro thread starter macrumors member

Are you sure? Because the file is inside crashreporter folder with some other files. i think it is report crashing of an app

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

The place you're looking is not where the actual crash logs are located, that's the Application Support area. We all have that file. It's harmless and normal. The actual crash logs are in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/ and yes you'll likely find dozens of logs in there depending how old your machine is.

5. iLoveMacPro thread starter macrumors member

ohhh. Can i actually delete the file in that place then???

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I wouldn't. I won't hurt anything if you do, but I wouldn't delete it. It'll just be recreated in time anyways.

7. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Logs are kept for a reason. You should only be messing with them if something goes wrong, or if one of them starts to run away on you.