Crawl issues

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Raffles, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Raffles macrumors member

So, I have a color generator at the lower left of the canvas, and I have a crawl text generator on top of it lasting :20, which I have cropped so it only shows on top of the color generator; a very small piece. Since I've cropped the crawl, the text doesn't start to show up until about :10;19, and I want to cut it to where it begins to show the text at :10;19, but whenever I do that, the entire crawl begins in that newly-separated clip at :10;19 and ends at :20;00, twice as fast. How can I simply cut it without it starting all over again?

Thanks!

2. -DH macrumors 65816

The specifics of how you do it depends on the software your using ... which program is it?

-DH

3. Raffles thread starter macrumors member

Why Avid for Windows. :)

Final Cut Express 3.5.1.

4. -DH macrumors 65816

To speed up a text generator such as a crawl or scroll, you decrease the duration ... so when you cut it, of course it goes faster.

But instead of cutting or cropping it, why not just position it where you want it to be so the text starts and stops with the right timing for your video.

-DH

5. Raffles thread starter macrumors member

I need it at the exact beginning, but I've made a workaround for the time being.

Thanks anyways.

6. -DH macrumors 65816

When I said above; "just position it where you want it to be so the text starts and stops with the right timing for your video" I meant position it on the Timeline at the right place so it starts when you want as well as its actual location on the screen. If it was starting too late, just move it to the left on the Timeline so it starts earlier.

-DH