iPad Crayon iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by slooksterPSV, Aug 8, 2019.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68040

slooksterPSV

Hello all,

I purchased an iPad Air through a carrier at $20/mo three weeks ago. I recently purchased the crayon as I don’t need pressure sensitivity - just using it to write and jot things down.

A few questions:

Is there a way to see the crayon charge percent? It doesn’t show up in the widgets.

Is there a good app for writing lists? Reminders doesn’t seem to support it and notes doesn’t seem to have a lined option.

Any general purpose apps you recommend with Crayon support for things? E.g. drawing flow charts, graphing etc?

Thanks I appreciate it.

2. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68040

slooksterPSV

3. Secubia macrumors newbie

I also have the Crayon, I use it with my iPad mini 5 and I'm really enjoying it so far. I use it with Notes for general note taking, and with Books as well as Adobe Acrobat for comments/doodling on PDF's. In Acrobat I have a simple PDF diary/planner page that I fill out each day.

If you tap Share in Notes there is an option for lines and grids, I find that feature very useful.

I have not yet found a way to view the battery percentage, the Logitech support pages just said to charge it when the led is red, I charge it when it either lights up red or kind of go with my "instinct" :p

I was a little disappointed that the Crayon doesn't work with the iPad Pro 9.7 (we have two of those in the household and the sharing without pairing would have been neat) but I guess I should have done my research. :) I'm happy it works so well with the newer iPads.

4. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68040

slooksterPSV

Thank you for info on notes I didn’t know about lines :)