iPad Crayon iPad Air

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Hello all,

I purchased an iPad Air through a carrier at $20/mo three weeks ago. I recently purchased the crayon as I don’t need pressure sensitivity - just using it to write and jot things down.

A few questions:

Is there a way to see the crayon charge percent? It doesn’t show up in the widgets.

Is there a good app for writing lists? Reminders doesn’t seem to support it and notes doesn’t seem to have a lined option.

Any general purpose apps you recommend with Crayon support for things? E.g. drawing flow charts, graphing etc?

Thanks I appreciate it.

Secubia

macrumors member
May 4, 2019
Stockholm, Sweden
I also have the Crayon, I use it with my iPad mini 5 and I'm really enjoying it so far. I use it with Notes for general note taking, and with Books as well as Adobe Acrobat for comments/doodling on PDF's. In Acrobat I have a simple PDF diary/planner page that I fill out each day.

If you tap Share in Notes there is an option for lines and grids, I find that feature very useful.

I have not yet found a way to view the battery percentage, the Logitech support pages just said to charge it when the led is red, I charge it when it either lights up red or kind of go with my "instinct" :p

I was a little disappointed that the Crayon doesn't work with the iPad Pro 9.7 (we have two of those in the household and the sharing without pairing would have been neat) but I guess I should have done my research. :) I'm happy it works so well with the newer iPads.

Reactions: slooksterPSV

Wolf-Tau

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2010
I saw the Crayon and almost purchased it but I was not sure if it would work with Affinity Photo for ipad.

Purchased the MEKO 2nd Gen for my ipad pro, just to try it out and because it was so cheap! So far it works but I will be using it a lot more once I get all my photography stuff transfered to it. I now have to sell my 1st Gen Apple pencil because it doesn't work with my new iPad pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.