Crayon Physics for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by zerocool23, Mar 1, 2008.

1. zerocool23 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if there is a Crayon Physics out for Mac OS 10.5 or something? Thanks!

2. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

sadly there isn't. it wont even work in crossover

3. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

It works under Wine in Linux. So might be possible with crossover after some debugging.

4. LEgregius macrumors member

LEgregius

MSVCP60.dll

It does run in crossover, you just need to a copy of MSVCP60.dll that it can find.

5. betaboy78 macrumors regular

betaboy78

where do you put that .dll file once you have it?

thanks

6. LEgregius macrumors member

LEgregius

You can put the DLL in the same directory as the executable, if nowhere else. I downloaded the demo of the final release of crayon physics deluxe, and it seemed to run in crossover without me doing anything. I did have some window sizing weirdness, though.

The developer said he'll do a mac and linux port now that it's released. I don't know how long that could be, though.

7. betaboy78 macrumors regular

betaboy78

thanks for the response. I too can get it to work, but sometimes it just won't start up, but if I restart it a few times it is a go. I was just hoping the .dll file would make it open everytime with no issue.

Also, I unchecked the "run in fullscreen" box in the options, and that fixed the issue with screen size for me on both my macs.

8. iLao macrumors member

iLao

9. sailon macrumors newbie

Crayon Physics works in VMWare Fusion (almost)

I can get it to run in a Windows XP virtual machine under VMWare Fusion. I can play for about 30 minutes and then it hangs the VM. A Mac-native version would be great - and would likely appeal to the artsy-fartsy Mac-types (no offense, I am one).

10. LEgregius macrumors member

LEgregius

I have the same problem with the startup thing.

11. mandroid macrumors newbie

black screen

Using crossover to open CP deluxe, all I get is a black screen, no way to access the options menu. :(

I've installed the dll file. Any ideas?

12. LEgregius macrumors member

LEgregius

Dunno about you black screen. I'm using the latest version of CP Pro. Others seem to be using the game version. Try restarting it a few times.

I actually just ran the installer for the deluxe version, although, honestly, I just tried the demo, not the final product. I also have a development version of deluxe I got at a conference.

It could also be related to your graphics card. I've tried it on an X1600 on a MBP and both the 9600 GT and 9400 on a MBP.

13. hullabalou macrumors newbie

I can't get it to work on my Macbook (Intel GMA X3100) with Crossover Pro using a winXP bottle or a vista bottle... I get a black screen when i launch the game and the only thing i can do is cmd+Q...

Anyone ? :(

14. CountFlatula macrumors newbie

virtual desktop

try this:
    manage bottles -> control panel -> winecfg -> graphics -> emulate virtual desktop

No more black screens for me :)

15. Metalmorphed macrumors member

Yes, I also recommend Phun !

It doesn't have the levels to play through like Crayon has, neither does it have the drawn-like graphics, but it does a way better job at being a sandbox in which you can do almost anything !