Crayon Physics is out

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by EvanLugh, Jan 1, 2009.

1. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

According to TouchArcade:

[​IMG]
    Unfortunatly It seems it's only available in the US Store, so I have yet to try it... can't wait though, this is one of the old-school jailbreak games :D
    What are your thoughts? Has it got replay value?

2. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

Definitely has replay value. The other crayon physics game had 30 levels. This has 54. Not only that though, it has "more" physics. Draw objects into each other to create anchors that your objects can attack to and swing around. Finally, it has a level editor! Yay!

The only complains from me are that the menus are laggy, and (quite often for me) when you're playing a level it won't let you draw any objects because you're "out of crayon" even though you haven't drawn a thing. One reviewer said restarting the game/your device fixes this, but for a temporary fix just go to the menu, do select level, and reselect the level you were playing.

I normally wait until more expensive games go on sale as I have a limited budget, but I picked this up right away and it was totally worth it!

3. ying yang macrumors regular

Can someone link to it? I'm getting nothing but Touch Physics when I search.

Edit: ****. Didn't see that link.

4. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

I loved this on my Thinkpad Tablet, they'll be getting my $5.

5. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

The ONLY way I was able to get to it was through the buy link in appsniper on my touch so I can't provide a link.

6. return7 macrumors 6502

bought it. $5 is well worth it for a good app

edit: can't seem to get it to draw what i want sometimes (trying to draw a line now and it just disappears).. on level 6 now

edit2: was in a messed up state -- i restarted the level and it worked

edit3: lots of fun, very cool. just the bug i mentioned in my first edit -- 4.5/5 stars from me :)

7. sseelman macrumors regular

Need some help on level 17

Hi...Maybe I am just missing something. Level 17 is a box on the left with two spinning circles inside. The movable ball is sitting on top of the box. The star is on the right-hand side of the screen. I try to draw things but get a message at the bottom of the page that says I can not draw anymore. Any ideas? Thanks.

8. return7 macrumors 6502

i keep getting that message -- i'm stuck on level 25 w/ the same problem. i keep exiting the game, going to title, and back in, etc. and it eventually lets me draw but i can't seem to this time..

9. jalpert macrumors 6502

Yah, there is a pretty nasty bug in the program. Several times it won't let me draw, it will say erase something before drawing something else, even when I have drawn nothing. Usually takes a phone reboot to fix...

10. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Nope, worldwide.

11. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I just got this (and Space Ninja) both are great :).

12. EvanLugh thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

At the time of writing it was only available in the US Store..

13. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Ah okay.

Anyway I am unsure as to whether or not I should buy this.
    Moopf is showing some pretty average reviews...

14. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

Aside from the slightly laggy menus and the "running out of crayon" problem, I found another. They don't explain at ALL how to use the editor. So I'll tell you. To delete objects, double tap. To change the color of the crayon tap the crayon in the top left to cycle through. Click the tools button to open the toolbar to drag and drop anchors, balls, and stars. To draw, tap and drag. What they don't tell you that was a pain to find out, is to keep an object from falling, (e.i. your ground) you need to give it two anchors. Those first two anchors will be invisible, (if you just place one anchor it will be visible) but any more anchors you add will be visible and act as normal anchors.

15. theman510 macrumors 6502

bumping this up because i'm stuck on level 35. anybody offer any help?

16. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

I want to download this, but I think $4.99 is a little steep.

17. return7 macrumors 6502

extremely fun game...like 50 levels.. well worth the 10 cents a level imo