Crazy Awesome !NEW! Ivyskin cases?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by CJisohsocool, Sep 10, 2010.

1. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

http://www.ivyskin.com/iphone-4-case/quattro4-case.html
    The most award-winning iPhone case is now available for iPhone 4. Quattro 4™ features our Patented Xylo Glass ® technology for the ultimate in Touch-Thru™ design. Authentic glass ensures that you will not lose any sensitivity while using this case, guaranteed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.ivyskin.com/smartcase-4.html
    SmartCase 4™ is our 3rd generation SmartCase and the world's most advanced iPhone 4 accessory. Featuring, interchangeable battery pack and patented Touch-Thru™ glass screen.

It offers a sleek appearance, flowing curves and non-slip grips. The SmartCase 4™ sends a signal to iPhone to drain the case's power first before using the iPhone's battery. This advanced power distribution system increases iPhone’s battery life by 200%

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opinions?

2. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

The Quattro is intriguing but not sure I'd trust that company after all the crap they pulled with the Reception case. Who knows if they'll pull another fast one and switch up the design before they send out the cases.

3. scott99 macrumors 6502a

This was one of my favorite cases for the iPhone 3G(s). Though the coaring started to peel off, and was difficult to put in the case.

4. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'd rather chew glass than deal with Ivyskin again after the fiasco with the Reception case. Someone else can be the sucker this time around. I'm happy with my Pixelskin HD anyway.

5. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

6. CJisohsocool thread starter macrumors 6502

x_x did i miss something? what happened with the reception case?

7. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Award winning design? So Ivyskin thinks this?

9. CJisohsocool thread starter macrumors 6502

10. NYDiplomat macrumors regular

I like the look but I'll wait for review be buying.

11. Brother Esau macrumors 6502

[​IMG]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW....Such a Beautiful Girl ....WTF is up with the GOTH Deal? Man I tell u the young people of today are really F@CKED UP!:confused:

12. gummyballz macrumors newbie

awww man

I just ordered my case from them last night, got a funny feeling about google chekout(sorry google) and when I noticed i fat fingered, I called then emailed them to try to correct my mistake, when I didnt didnt recieve a reply I googled ivyskin, and viola! here I am, ill...
    I will let you read the rest from a link I got on ivyskin.com http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/busin...in-south-hackensack-nj-90026330#accreditation

good luck....

13. leeschill macrumors member

Yikes, any company that garners 21 pages of 'what happened to x case' on macrumors better have a hell of a product to make up for it.

14. DeathProof macrumors member

DeathProof

This is how Ivyskin sees their apple TARGET AUDIENCE (us).

And what makes you think it's a GOTH GIRL?!?!???

15. chanerz macrumors 6502a

16. Jelite macrumors 6502a

What did it win? The "looks like it was made in the 90's" award.

17. Tyler76 macrumors member

Tyler76

18. gummyballz macrumors newbie

Ivyskin Fraud Warning>>

I jut got off the phone with hackensack PD and they told me to contact my own PD and they would only do anything if my local pd requested.

I urge all who ordered from them and have been duped to call you local police dept and open an ivestigation.
    This will only work if we all take a stand. I went against Microskills which is a way bigger beast than this, and I wa able to secure everyones money, and get them in to new schools so I am sure we can beat these people at their own game.
    Thanks
    email me if you have any questions, or need help getting the ball rolling

19. james92se macrumors 6502a

Have never heard of these guys and have no experience with previous hassles with this company, but having said that:

That's actually a pretty slick design with the ability to add a charger case, a credit card slip, or a normal back on it.

I find it strange that they've titled a bunch of their old iPhone case videos as iPhone 4

20. gnychis macrumors 6502

21. AmyGrendel macrumors newbie

I had been using a purple colored case from SwitchEasy, which I adored because I liked how it felt in my hand and how compact it was, but two things were bothering me -- 1) I didn't like the screen protector sticker (couldn't get rid of all the air bubbles no matter how many time I smoothed it out) and 2) my toddler liked to kiss the phone during FaceTime and would leave the screen a little moist.

So after much researching, I had narrowed down my choices to two: Otterbox Defender and Ivyskin Quattro 4. My husband already had the Otterbox Defender on his iphone and while the protection was impressive, I wasn't a fan of the bulk. I wanted Quattro 4 because of the glass screen and because it was sleeker, but I saw all the negative reviews on this board for ivyskin, which deterred me. I asked my husband for a second opinion and pointed out that Ivyskin recently lost their BBB rating, etc. He asked what the complaints were and I said the bulk of it was related to shipping issues. He played devil's advocate and said that Quattro was my first choice for a variety of reasons and to try it anyway. I prepared myself for the worst.

Ivyskin.com was sold out of the color I wanted so I ended up ordering from Covercase.com instead. Ordered Monday night, got tracking info on Tuesday, USPS picked it up on Wednesday and the package arrived on Friday.

Items in the package included: the white case, the screen glass, a protective sticker to be applied to the back of the iphone (package instructions say nothing about this, but their Q&A section say it's mean to be applied before putting on the case), small wipe, and a bag of buttons to cover up the ports. I was a little surprised to see that the bag included red buttons if I wanted to swap out the default black buttons. I originally thought the red button was for special edition only, but I got both black and red in my standard package.

I had some concerns about the back of the case since it didn't seem to snap in place as well as I would have liked. There's a very, very small gap in the case toward the charger end, but it's not a deal breaker. I held the phone upside down, holding the back slider only and shook it to see if it would become loose and slide off from the rest of the case, but it stayed in place firmly.

Buttons were easy enough to switch out with a different color, but I had a hard time putting in the one for the power button. It was a bit tricky, but I finally got it in. No problems attaching the charger on the bottom. It's definitely cute and sleek. I'm happy with it so far. It's a step up from what I had been using previously.

22. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy