crazy car crash

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tjespo22, Jul 20, 2007.

1. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

well last night i was with some friends driving around. and we seen alot of fire trucks/cop cars. so we followed them. there was a accident with 3 cars. 1 car was smashed into a telephone pole, 1 red vw beatle was wrecked.. i was so pissed i forgot my camera at home (i usually always bring it with me) so i took some pics with my handy iphone. the didnt come out too bad considering it was pitch black outside with some street lights..

u can see what happened, but idk how it happened.
    [​IMG]

to top it off, we also seen a corvette getting chased by a sick NYPD dodge charger.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

So there are two cars between the white car and the telephone car? Was the white car also involved in the accident? It is a pretty strange looking configuration....

This story would be even better if you claimed the Charger were a Decepticon. Next time, tell it that way. :D

3. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

theres the truck agains the pole, the white acura infront of it and then a red beetle behind the fire truck

4. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Eek, that's crazy! The Acura looks like it slid there??

Anyway, up here in Mass, the Staties have started using Chargers, which in my opinion, are pretty sick looking as cop cars:

[​IMG]

That one patrols right near my house, I see it on a fairly regular basis.

5. jng macrumors 65816

jng

Yup, I'd seen those. They have at least 2 I've seen from the Medford Barracks.

Not so easy to spot those staties when you're speeding anymore. :D

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, I've seen those too. I think it's a good fit. Those things look great. Hopefully Dodge will stay in business long enough to capture some more of the market. :)

7. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

'Round here, there are stealth Camaros. So impossible to spot from a distance as they have no lights uptop and no black 'n' white paint (solid white) except for a tiny tiny "crest" type thing on either door. Ugh.

Sneaky bastids! :p

Ah, found a description from a local news outlet (I really want to find a photo to show y'all):

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Everyone knows that any real Camaro is being driven by trailer trash. As such, there should be at least one major part that is no longer connected properly to the vehicle, but is hanging on for dear life. If you do not see one of the wheels rolling oddly, a half broken-off rear view mirror, broken headlights, the front bumper tied back on with wire, broken windshield glass, etc, at least one of those things, you'll know it could only possibly belong to the police department. :D

Should be easy to spot from a large distance. ;)

Seriously, they had those in certain parts of Detroit also....

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

With property costing what it does here? Honey, ain't no trailer trash here. :p

10. zv470 macrumors 6502

zv470

Crazy car crash... I thought this thread was about this story...

It's about a crazy guy running his car into a church, and then shouting Steve Job's name.

11. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

State Troopers here in Ohio used 5.0L Mustangs into the late 90s/2000s - impressive looking but not any faster than the current Crown Vic. Now they use Crown Vics, Camaros and the occasional Yukon or Suburban. One town near me uses Dodge Intrepids as pursuit cars for highway radar. A couple Chargers have shown up here and there; as much as I like the Crown Vic the Charger is certainly the new standard in police pursuit, though it costs more if you get the V8.

The City of Cleveland has a C4 Corvette police interceptor; they seized the car from a drug dealer but to my knowledge it's not actually been used for anything other than parades.

I almost bought a used police intercptor instead of my current car - incredibly robust, very safe and very roomy. They only get around 18/23mpg though, the back seats are designed for criminals not friends/relatives, the rear windows are inoperable and there is no cruise control.

There was once a crash down the street from me that was pretty incredible - a drunk in a Fiero drove straight through a "T" intersection into the basement of a house. The whole car was swallowed up! I think the driver survived too...

12. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

In Detroit, there (at least used to be) Crown Vics in Dearborn as police cars, Camaros in Pontiac, and Intrepids (at the time) in Auburn Hills. What I want to know is, are they Camrys or Avalons in Georgetown, Kentucky? :eek: :D

13. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

One thing you'll not likely see are foreign cars as police cars...though I see that we did provide the Iraqis with Nissan Maxima police cars at one point - they appeared regularly on the news. But the Maxima takes premium fuel, which wouldn't go down well with government pencil-pushers.

Not to mention the fact that there are few RWD 4-door Japanese cars out there. Maybe a stripped out and ruggedized Lexus IS or GS?

The Charger and Crown Vic are pretty cheap for what you get, which is probably why American cars will continue to rule the roost in the police car world here.

14. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

15. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

16. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I haven't seen any of those on the road yet. They look badass though.